Omnis Studio Database Connectivity
The following tables list the database connections available with Omnis Studio. Where a DAM is listed as being supported, please refer to the appropriate clientware configuration/certification matrix for further information on the third-party clientware required.
Where a DAM is not supported on a given platform, this is usually because the appropriate clientware is not available or is unstable or incompatible with our existing code base, preventing the code from being ported at the current time.
|DAM Name||Connects to...||Additional third-party software required||Platform availability||Worker
|DAMOMSQL||Omnis native datafile
(.df1, .df2, etc)*
|DAMSQLITE||SQLite3 datafile (.db)
||None (Omnis Studio 5.2 or later)|
|DAMODBC||ODBC datasource||Suitable ODBC Administrator
& Unicode ODBC driver
(API v2.0 or higher)
|Java Runtime Environment (JRE) 1.4.1 or higher & *JDBC Driver|
|DAMORA8||Oracle 8i (or later)
||Oracle Client 9i release 2 (or higher) www.oracle.com|
|SDK for SAP ASE 12.5 or higher (formerly Sybase Open Client)
https://support.sap.com (login required)
|DAMDB2||IBM-DB2 v5 (or later)
||DB2 Runtime Client 7.2 (or higher)
|DAMMYSQL||MySQL 4.1 (or later)
|DAMPGSQL||PostgreSQL 8.1 (or later)||PostgreSQL API library "libpq.xxx"
|FRONTBASE||FrontBase 4.x (or later)||None (DAM available from www.frontbase.com)|
|DAMAZON||Amazon SimpleDB||None (Amazon Web Services account required. Studio 5.1 or later)|
- DAMOMSQL connects using the V3 DAM API but is single-threaded only.
- Type 4 JDBC drivers are embedded and require no additional software. Lower version drivers may required additional clientware.
- Open Client 15.0 is required to connect to ASE 15.0
- DAMPGSQL is not compatible with Omnis Studio 4.1 and earlier.
- Please note that single-threaded (V2) DAMs are not available in the unicode version of Omnis Studio.
- Worker support indicates support for SQL worker/multi-tasking objects, new in Studio 6.0.
|Other Products||Connects to...||Additional third-party software required||Platform availability|
|Omnis read-only ODBC driver (single-threaded)*||Omnis native datafile
(.df1, .df2, etc)
|ODBC compliant application.
ODBC Driver Manager
|Omnis (Datafile) Data Bridge||Omnis native datafile
(.df1, .df2, etc)
|Omnis ODBC Data Bridge||ODBC Driver Manager
|ODBC Driver (32-bit)|
- Available separately for Unicode and Non-Unicode datafiles.
Disclaimer: Omnis Software Ltd. is not responsible for the content of external web sites, and disclaims any responsibility for or liability related to software obtained through this site or any external web sites. IN NO EVENT WILL OMNIS BE LIABLE FOR ANY INDIRECT, PUNITIVE, SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES HOWEVER THEY MAY ARISE AND EVEN IF WE HAVE BEEN PREVIOUSLY ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES.