Careers at Omnis
To apply for any jobs listed here, or to make a general inquiry about job opportunities with Omnis, please email us at: email@example.com, with your CV and a summary of your experience and expectations.
Posted: 4 January, 2017
Location: Saxmundham, Suffolk
Fantastic opportunity for a Software Tester to join an established software house and provider of Omnis Studio, an advanced cross-platform application development tool. We are flexible with regards to the level of experience of the candidate, and would consider applicants educated to further or equivalent level (with suitable IT experience) or graduates, up to more experienced software testers.
You will be an important part of a small team, so you will have the chance to make a real difference, helping to enhance our software products longer term. Due to the nature of the product, there will be more of an emphasis on software development in the role than most software testing. You will need to be comfortable wearing many hats and rolling your sleeves up to complete projects. An opportunity to test yourself, pick up new skills and progress rapidly within the team.
The position will involve:
- Running and adding to automated test suites.
- Using the development tool across Windows, macOS & Linux.
- Creating/testing applications for Desktop and mobile devices.
- Coding using our proprietary programming language.
- Reproducing customer issues & creating test cases.
- Accurately recording & documenting tests & their results.
- Liaising with Support & Engineering to ensure issues are properly understood.
- Exposure to a wide range of technologies.
- An eagerness and ability to learn is very important.
- A good level of IT literacy & mathematical understanding.
- Good problem-solving skills and a logical approach.
- Good written & verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work independently, and as part of a team, and use initiative.
- Passionate, curious and excited by new technology and the tech industry and want to develop your tech skills.
- Software testing.
- Databases & SQL.
- Windows, macOS, Linux & mobile platforms.
- Version Control Systems.