First published in the early 1990s, Omnis 7 proved to be a popular IDE for thousands of developers who created cross-platform, client/server solutions for Windows and Macintosh end users. We now provide an improved and enhanced conversion service for developers to migrate their Omnis 7 solutions to Omnis Studio. We can also help you migrate your Omnis Studio v5/6 (or earlier) apps to the latest version of Omnis Studio.
Should I convert my Omnis 7 app – so many questions...
- Have you got a business solution that is based on Omnis 7 (referred to by some developers as "Omnis Classic") that you would love to port to the latest technologies without re-designing everything?
- Are you working with an application that is running on older versions of Omnis Studio (such as v4.3) that don't meet today's market requirements anymore?
- Are you looking for an upgrade of your application that supports the latest operating systems, provides a modern look & feel, is available on the web and on mobile devices, and uses REST, Web Services etc.?
- Or is your business growing and you would like to move your data to a RDBMS with a higher performance, strong security and more scalability?
Well, we are here to help you!
We know that there are hundreds of very successful business applications all over the world are still running on Omnis 7, although we stopped further development and support on this technology many years ago. On the one hand, we are a bit proud as this proves the stability and persistence of our products over decades – but, on the other, we know that you need to explore the possibilities of converting your established solutions to the latest technologies, to provide your clients with a state-of-the-art UI, better performance, connectivity on the web and mobile devices alongside desktops, and we urge you to do so.
Find out more about the strengths of Omnis Studio
Based on the proven robustness and productivity of the Omnis technology, our latest Omnis Studio provides you with state-of-the-art features that will make your business competitive and successful, including:
- Provide your solution on desktop, web and mobile devices – all from the same code base!
Find out more about Conversion and the consultancy services we provide. If you want to learn more about Omnis Studio first, you might like to register for one of our free webinars, or use the Contact form to set up a free individual call with one of our consultants to discuss your conversion options.