Forums

Find answers, ask questions, and connect with our
community all around the world.

Home Forum Omnis General Forum IconSet Material does not display after update from 11 35659 to 11 36251

• IconSet Material does not display after update from 11 35659 to 11 36251

Posted by Uwe Smidt on July 6, 2024 at 12:03 pm

Dear $all,

Quite honestly, I am always quite hesitant to install an Omnis update, because after the update, I am often troubleshooting why things do not work as before… also this time:

I am using the wonderful icons ‘material’ that Google provide free for use. Many of them are already included in the Omnis installation, but not all, which is why I use a separate folder with ALL material icons.

I also use the native list control, which allows for icons to be displayed in front of the menu texts.

After the update to 11.36251, now some of these icons from the material iconset, do not display anymore. After inspection (another few hours…), I found that those material icons that are themed, do not show anymore – or maybe become invisible, because the the icon colour is the same as $rowcolour. The unthemed material icons, however, do show up in black.

The way I made the icons show was to give the $imagecol containing the icon path the following:

style(kEscBmp,llMenuItems.tMI_IconPath)

where llMenuItems.tMI_IconPath just contained the name of the icon in the iconset, e.g. ‘home’

Checking online help, I found that with 11.36075, the native list control now supports themed SVGs, so I’m quite sure that the update is to ‘blame’ for my themed icons (that used to show up black before the update) now have disappeared.

So how to make them reappear?

Un-theme my material icons? How?

Or much rather: ‘style’ them to a sub theme color! But how?

Your help is greatly appreciated!

Best regards

Uwe

Uwe Smidt replied 5 days, 14 hours ago 3 Members · 4 Replies
  • 4 Replies
  • Paul Mulroney

July 8, 2024 at 8:31 am

We’re still in Studio 10.2 but about to move to 11.x. We started using Fontawsome for our icons. To use font awesome we used a technique that @andreas-pfeiffer showed us once:

• Get an API key from Fontawesome. There are free tier levels available.
    • Update your jsctempl.htm file to include the font awesome key eg
    <script src="https://kit.fontawesome.com/<yourkeyhere>.js" crossorigin="anonymous"></script>
    • In your remote forms, in the button control, have the $text of the control be something like this (this is a “New” button with a file plus icon)
    <i class="fa-regular fa-file-plus" style="font-size:24px; vertical-align: middle;"> New 
    • Set the $textishtml property of the control to ktrue

Enjoy a vast list of icons available to you.

• Rod Cooper

July 8, 2024 at 10:46 am

Hi Uwe,

Try using iconurl(llMenuItems.tMI_<wbr>IconPath) instead of style().

Kind Regards,

Rod

• Uwe Smidt

July 10, 2024 at 12:05 pm

Thank you for your responses, I’ll give it a go!

• Uwe Smidt

July 10, 2024 at 12:24 pm

Yeah! iconurl() did the job – now they are all visible again!
    But I’ll see into the other option, too – sounds interesting!

Thank you very much for your help!