What’s New in this version of the Wrappers
The following new features apply to Android and iOS unless indicated:
- Most device functionality and general communications with Omnis has been pulled out of the wrapper, into a separate Omnis Interface Framework. Allowing custom apps to be developed around the framework, or the framework to be updated independently of the Wrapper project.
- Settings implementation has been rewritten. Custom native settings can be added, and settings can be read/changed at runtime using the ‘loadpref’ or ‘savepref’ $clientcommand.
- The UI and many parts of the code have been reimplemented in Kotlin for Android or Swift for iOS, using more modern APIs.
- evBarcodeFailed Device control event now receives pDeviceErrorText & pDeviceErrorCode params (fix for WR/WR/312).
- Android only: Now targets Android P, and supports newer platform features such as runtime permission checking, split screen mode and notification channels
- iOS only: Pull-down menu now has a link to Settings
Download and Docs